The 2010 Aussie MillionsPublished November 22, 2009
Come January 2010, the world’s best poker players will gather to battle it out for AUD$ 2 million.
Bwin poker is blazing a trail for the third consecutive year as they are readying themselves to send players to the 2010 Aussie Millions at the Crown Casino in Melbourne, Australia.
- The $300 + 20 qualifier route - go down to the wire in Texas Hold'em
- The 100k Freeroll - this guarantees 6 Aussies Millions Prize Packages
- The Big Bounty - game against Bwin pros and knock them out of the contest
- The Head Hunter - Take out your opponents (as many as possible) and you are in
What's included in your prize
- The Main event buy-in is $8,800
- 6-handed event buy-in $1,800
- Flights/spending money $2,500
- Hotel/entertainment $2,900
- Total package value $16,000
The Aussie Millions was first held in 1998 with a $1,000 buy-in and $74,000 prize pool and 10 international participants. Most of them were from New Zealand. Subsequently, the tournament has grown tremendously, and is now a major event on the international poker tournament circuit.